Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up


Hey ya'll!

We had such a fun weekend! It was spent with family celebrating upcoming birthdays and an engagement!


Friday evening, Matt ended up having to work later than normal, so Campbell and I spent some quality mother/son time outside looking for "bugs" and "trucks!"  He is such a boy and I am just loving it!





Saturday morning, we headed over to Matt's parents house for a family brunch.  We all got together to celebrate April birthdays...mine is April 17th and Katelyn's is April 28th.  Matt's mom had mimosas, a waffle bar filled with yummy toppings, and an egg casserole.  It was SO delicious and I ate way too much!  We opened presents and then had some birthday cake!


Opening gifts! I got some beautiful earrings from Francesca's, a pretty necklace, a Homegoods/TJ Maxx gift card, and a gift card to Sephora! Wohoo!!



My little helper! He loved helping me open all my gifts...he had to get in on the action!



Birthday girls :)



Another reason we got together on Saturday, was to celebrate Katelyn's recent engagement!  She got engaged this past Wednesday, in Hawaii, to her boyfriend Blake! It was so great to see them, hear about their proposal story, and get to see her new bling :)  We love Blake and think that he is a great addition to our family!


I made Katelyn an engagement gift! It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but it's a map of Hawaii in the shape of a heart.  Underneath the map it says "I have found the one whom my soul loves" and then their engagement date!



Katelyn and Blake :)




Sunday after church, while Campbell was napping, I went out shopping with the gift cards I got on Saturday!   I stopped on the way to the mall, and got Starbucks and just took my sweet time browsing at the store...I honestly didn't know what to do with myself without a toddler with me!  It was just glorious!


I ended up getting this Steve Madden cross body bag from TJ/Maxx and I love it SO much! I've been looking for a bag like this for awhile now and I haven't been able to find one that I like.  This bag was love at first sight :)


I also got this cute kimono from Ross! I don't plan on wearing it with that dress, obviously, but I thought it would be cute paired with something like this...thank you Pinterest for the idea :)




Sunday evening, we spent outside together as a family! The weather was absolutely perfect and everything is so pretty and green right now...we are just loving spring! 


Helping daddy clean up the flower beds!



Deep conversations with daddy!



Campbell just could not stop giving me hugs!! It was the sweetest thing!!



He would literally go play for a few seconds then say "mama mama" and run back and give me a hug! He did this at least ten times or more! Moments like these I want to remember forever :)

That's it for our weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

-Rebecca








No comments:

Post a Comment