Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What's In A Name?

Today I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals to talk about names! How did you name your child, pet, or how did you get your own name?? This is such a fun topic for me because I LOVE names! As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I immediately wanted to start picking out names!  Matt doesn't think this game is as fun as I do, but he still plays along. We were convinced for the longest time that our baby was going to be a girl, and we were set on a girl's name...Catherine Mae.   We wanted to name her after my mother, who had passed away a couple years earlier, and we both completely agreed on the name immediately.  We didn't even really talk about boy names because were were just SURE we were having a girl.  Ha! We had tossed out a couple boy names but nothing too serious.  When the doctor told us we were having a boy, she turned and asked me if we had a name picked out.  For some reason, the name just came out of my mouth "Campbell."  It is Matt's mom's maiden name and I have always loved the sound of it.  It's not a common first name, which I like, because I didn't want him to have the same name as everyone else.  I also like how the names Campbell and Catherine sound together, if we ever happen to have a girl.. His middle name is William...that is Matt's middle name and also Matt's grandfather's name.  Basically his entire name is from Matt's side!  We absolutely LOVE his name and it fits him so well... he was meant to be Campbell!


2 comments:

  1. What a handsome little boy! He is definitely a Campbell! Fits him so very perfectly.
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name! And Catherine does flow very well with it :)

    ReplyDelete